Monday, March 12, 2012

"Introducing, well, me! John Dye!" :)



      Well hi there ladies and gents :) Let me formally introduce myself, I am the one, the only....John Dye. I am a licensed esthetician, makeup artist, model, photographer, magazine producer, actor, singer/songwriter, anti-bullying activist, television host, author, oh and I also do marketing and PR in Social Networking Circles too on the side. Sounds like I'm a classic over achiever huh? No, I just absolutely love what i do with every fiber of my being. :) It all started when I was 3 or 4 years of age, I can remember watching MTV for the first time, I was hooked from an early age on everything involving fame, celebrity, rock stardom and glamor. My first hero/icon was Simon Lebon of Duran Duran, I wanted to be him, and so it began, a lifetime of always wanting to be in front of the camera. Then at about 17 years old, my best friend in the world Holland had a grand idea one day at her house and loudly proclaimed, "John, you're gay, and you're artistic, I bet you could do makeup!!!" And so our journey with experimenting with cosmetics began..the first few years my looks on Holland were hit and miss to say the least, but she was always such a great sport by letting me try anything I wanted, and so slowly over time, I got pretty damn good at this whole "makeup thing". Then, over the years, my life started to take a turn for the worse. I lost that innate drive and spark in my eyes that i had possessed my whole life for the limelight, because of my painfully apparent struggle with alcohol :( .. so... I realized I had to make a change, I asked my family if they would help me find a treatment facility. I ended up going to rehab for alcohol addiction, and you know what?- I left that treatment facility 30 days later a new man. I finally had a clear rational perspective on my life, and what i wanted to do with it. So I hit the pavement hard, being as much of a shameless self-promoter as possible, doing anything I thought would help further my name, my brand, and my career. So here we are today, I am still sober from alcohol a year and half later, and my business is booming. I just walked in Mercedes Benz New York Fashion Week, have a television project in the works, and a line of apparel and makeup on the way, and now, I get to blog for THIS legendary force in the industry. I basically get to live out my childhood dreams everyday :)
       On a different note, I hope I can be a source of inspiration and motivation for you as well. DON'T EVER LET ANYONE tell you that you CAN'T do something, just make a plan, and make it happen. You are your own biggest enemy sometimes. Silence the reasons why you "cant" do something, and focus on what you CAN do to make your dreams a reality, and dream big, I wanted 3 things when i was little- I wanted to be on MTV, I wanted to be in supermarket celebrity tabloid magazines, and I wanted people to know my name..I did it, I did it all. I was made fun of my whole life for being skinny, awkward, bug eyed, too girly, too gay, you name it, I've heard it. But you know what? I never changed for anyone. Bottom Line- be you, and don't change for anyone, you are beautiful, good enough, and smart enough. Quit listening to others around saying you that you CAN'T do something-prove them wrong, let their doubt in you FUEL you to reach your highest heights. You can make anything happen if you work hard, treat people right, and take pride in yourself and what you do, the world is your oyster, no matter what your age,situation,location, or income level. We as humans are resilient creatures, and we can recover from almost anything, you got this :) .
    ANYWAY! (enough cheesy self help stuff huh?!) -->I'll be bringing you posts every single day for the great folks at Industry Wire. We wanted to give you guys and gals a forum to ask questions and get advice on things such as pictures, makeup, portfolio choices, modeling knowledge, lighting tricks, product recommendations and EVERYTHING  involving modeling/photography/ & makeup. So if there is a question you have, send it my way!!   johndyemodelwireblog@gmail.com . And like my sweet southern mama and daddy always said, "There is NO SUCH THING as a DUMB QUESTION!" So ask away!!!!! Love you guys! thanks so much Joey Hunter, Nicole Mercado, and the ModelWire Newtwork/ Industry Wire family for this opportunity!!!

Stay Beautiful :) ,
John Dye

Comments
4 Comments

4 comments:

Love it JD!! I can't wait to see more from you! :D

Looks like you might get all the gay you can handle pretty dang quick http://www.pnj.com/story/news/local/pensacola/2016/05/03/john-dyes-crash-investigation-wrapping-up/83887086/

Post a Comment