|Photo by Sarah Lett|
Model Alli Burch
Makeup By John Dye
The 10 minute "WOW" Smokey Eyes from John Dye......
What you'll need.....
Gun metal gray shadow (dark gray, and shimmery in color)
White highlighting powder/eye shadow
Purple eye shadow (or whatever color your feeling at the moment, I used GOLD shadow in the picture :)
Pink lip gloss
Black Mascara (I like falsies by Maybelliene)
1. After you apply your concealer and foundation, apply pink blush to the cheekbones, followed by a small amount of the loose white highlight on the cheekbones (highlights bring cheekbones forward and catch the light)...
2. Apply black liner to the lower lashline, then sweep the purple eyeshadow (or any fun color) OVER the eye liner you just did, this softens the eye liner and also makes it POP!
3. Sweep white highlighter in the corners of the eyes. (highlight in the corners of the eye make them appear larger and draw attention to your pretty peepers :)
4. Take gun metal gray shadow and apply to the crease of the eyelid, then layer a small of the purple (or whatever "pop" color you use) over it. Then sweep the loose white highlight all over the lid and up to the brow bone.
5. Line the top eye lid with a strong black line and taper it out at the ends to create "cat eye" effect.
6. Liberally apply black mascara to your lases, John Dye tip- lightly blink your eyes around the wand to fully coat both sides of lashes from root to tip.
7. Last but certainly not least, apply pink lip gloss with a high shine!!!
Now get out there and break some hearts and turn some heads!!!
I love the following COST EFFECTIVE brands and products--->
Maybelliene fit me concealer
Maybelliene mineral power mineral foundation
E.L.F. Brand (sold at target stores OR online) eyeshadow,eyeliner, blush, and lip gloss
Wet n Wild Mascara
N.Y.C. loose highlight