Wednesday, April 4, 2012

There will be 100 "NO's" before you hear the "YES" that will change your life...Never EVER give up... :)




                                                                    ^ Me at Mercedes Benz New York Fashion Week 2012 :)

I wanted something my whole life, I wanted it more than anything... I wanted people to like me, accept me, and more than anything... I wanted to be famous......

I grew up a feminine boy in the bible belt of the south, and trust me... it wasn't always easy....

I was sitting out on the water today behind my parents house, in a bitter and down on myself pity party. As I listened to the wind chimes making their glorious music from the roaring wind coming off the bay, I realized something... I have alot to be thankful for....

We all want things in our life, some want a family, a husband or wife, some dream of success financially, and alot of us in the enterntainment industry, well, we want it all... We want so desperately for someone to see what we see in the mirror, a star, a somebody, somebody who people will know, someone who can make an impact, and leave a legacy..... Well my friends, its not an easy road, and we all know that... :)

I'm writing this piece to tell you something, something very important.... NEVER GIVE UP ON YOUR DREAMS.....

I can remember being laughed at all the time growing up, whenever I told people I felt I was meant to be "famous" or be a star... I heard every reason in the book why I would never make it, too skinny, too girly, not handsome, a loser, a spaz, and for a long time... I believed them.... But slowly over time, I let the years of people doubting me light a burning fire inside to me to succeed.....

You will all hear "no" alot in your rise to the top.... and trust me, I know... it hurts... But don't let it stop you from pushing forward everyday to try and make your goals and dreams a reality. This business is not easy, and nothing will be handed to you, let every "no" you hear make you want it THAT MUCH MORE.......

We can all achieve everything we want and dream of.. but its important to not let the negative events in our past slow or halt our journey to where we desire to be in life. You can do absolutely anything in the world... If an agent passes on you... its OK. If you don't get a job that you have been working for, that's OK too. You will hear no many many times before you hear the "yes" that will finally make all your hard work worth it...

I just want you all to remember that you are beautiful, smart, talented, amazing, wonderful, special, and you WILL make things happen for you if you are willing to work hard enough to get them....

I'm not where I want to be in my career in this industry yet, but I know I will get there and you will too... Always remember that success is not a sprint, its a marathon, and when you feel that no one else believes in you, trust me... I do.....

Much love, respect and admiration to anyone who reads this very honest and raw post.... I love you all :) always always...

John Dye

Comments
0 Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment