Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Overcoming Tough Times in Your Life....

Quarter Life Crisis...... This is a term I have heard in the past, also randomly in a John Mayer song.... :) I didn't really get this term and its meaning, but lately, I'm beginning to understand. Your twenties are such a hard and confusing time, you are searching for answers to so many monumental questions.... "What do I want to do with my life"?... "Where am I supposed to be?" "Am I making the right decisions?"..... Well... the good news is, you don't have to know these answers yet. They will come with time, life experiences, and happen how they are supposed too.

People get caught up in the vicious cycle of constantly comparing their lives to everyone else's. I often hear people my age say things like- "Well, all my friends from high school are getting married and I'm not even dating anyone, what is wrong with me?" The answer? NOTHING IS WRONG WITH YOU!!!!! We constantly think everyone else seems to "have it all figured out", but things are not always as they seem. We need to all collectively STOP the process of using things like Facebook to compare and scrutinize our lives based on what our peers are doing. Things happen at different times for different people... Ive said it before and I'll say it again- "Success, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder"... So what if you may not be working your "dream" job at the moment-stop and count your blessings that you are employed! So what if you are single and have been "unlucky in love"- the right person is out there for you... We get so caught up in what other people must be thinking about us, but the truth is, they are concerned with their OWN problems and struggles! Not ours.....

This summer I will 28 years old, and honestly, I still don't know what I want to do or where I am supposed to be... BUT THAT IS OKAY! Time will tell me where I am supposed to be... I too get caught up in thinking about what other people think of me... I had alot of empty promises made to me in New York while I was there. I learned the hard way that in the entertainment industry, there are alot of liars out there. I kept thinking "what are people on facebook/back home going to think of me when these things don't work out?" But, at the end of the day, why should I let anyone else's opinions of me define who I am? I tried something, found out it wasn't for me, but at least I had the courage to try! New York is a hard place to live for anyone, especially a laid back Florida boy whose prone to anxiety :)...... Life is hard sometimes, and not always as stress-free as we would like, but things WILL happen how they are supposed too.

If you are struggling with questions of self worth, lack of direction, or instability in your life, trust me sweet angels, you are NOT alone. We all have moments where we question if we are in the right profession, the right city, dating the right person, but the important thing to remember is.. YOU DON'T HAVE TO HAVE ALL THE ANSWERS RIGHT THIS SECOND! We are constantly growing and learning every single day about who or what we are supposed to be in this life. The most important thing to remember sweet angels is to not give up... You will be discouraged, sad, stressed, and hopeless sometimes, but these feelings WILL PASS! Strive everyday to be the best possible "you" you can be, and the rest will happen naturally... I will leave you with one of my favorite quotes that happens to be written across my chest, these words are true sweet friends---> "Whatever's meant to be, will work out perfectly"... Love you all immensely....

Sincerely,
Johnny

Comments
0 Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment