Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Ask Joey: Who is Joey Hunter


What's happening!
My name is Joey Hunter and I am Vice President of ModelWire, the leading online management and casting software for the modeling industry. I am the former Co-President of Ford Model Management, one of the world's most prestigious modeling agencies, and have worked steadily in the industry for more than 40 years.
It took me a long time to get where I am, so why don't I use this first blog to quickly tell you a bit about myself...
It was in the 1960's when I decided to pursue modeling and after some lean years, I was fortunate enough to be discovered by Jerry Ford. But the 60's were a difficult time for male models (we were basically viewed as accessories for the female models), so by the end of the decade, I asked Ford for a job behind the scenes. He made me Head Booker for the Men's Division, and I quickly climbed the ladder to Vice President. By the late 70's, I was deeply involved with the Women's Division as well. I helped pioneer residuals and fee structures for image use and coined the term "super model," with Jerry Ford.
Throughout the 80's and 90's, I represented some of the most sought after models in the world, including Brooke Shields, Elle MacPherson, and Naomi Campbell to name a few. I was eventually made partner and President of Ford, but towards the end of the millennium, I began to feel it was time for a change. So after almost 30 years with the company, I left Ford and joined ModelWire. (In between this phase, I also founded Karin Model Management in New York City.)
Being a nurturer by nature, I've always loved taking an interactive approach in helping aspiring models. Now with the addition of ModelWire Network, my passion can be applied to a larger scale, encouraging and advising young talent all across the nation.

Next week, I'll explain more about what I want for ModelWire Network, and what exactly you can expect from this weekly blog of mine.

In the meantime...
Have a successful day!
JOEY

* Have a question for me? Click here to go to my ModelWire Network profile.

Comments
0 Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment