Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Ask Joey: Measurements are VERY, VERY, VERY Important

What's happening!

I know I say this every week, but if you want to succeed in this industry, then you need to start with the basics. You can't be a model in this business without filling out the most important thing about you: your sizes and stats. If you are reading this and you haven't filled out your sizes and stats in your ModelWire Network profile, then do it NOW! (Well of course, finish reading my blog and then fill out your stats.)


Erin Bevins

I'd love to have your opinion on my portfolio. I really want to get some work! I'm unsigned, but am testing with pinnacle10 agency in Louisville, KY.

It's good that you are testing with pinnacle10. They are a great agency to get started with. I would urge you to continue presenting yourself to them; they should pick you up soon.

When it comes to your portfolio, as far as I am concerned, I only like your first photo in your ModelWire Network portfolio.

It is a beautiful photo of you and it is a shame that the others do not look this good. It is worth keeping, but I can't say the same for the other photos. They don't do you justice, so I would say 'start over'. Get some good body shots of yourself in there and some great fashion shots.

Wish I could give you more advice, but I do not know your measurements, seeing as you did not fill out your sizes and stats. In the modeling business, measurements are VERY, VERY, VERY important!


Luciano Acuna Jr.

What do you think I need to work on from the work you see of mine? Also are there any tips in general you can give me?

You have a very interesting look and it works! It's hard to give you much advice because it seems like you are doing everything right. You have a variety of looks in your portfolio, which shows your range. If I had to come up with anything, your portfolio could use more formal fashion shots.

I don't know why someone wouldn't sign you. Get on the train and start hitting up the agents in NYC.


Stephie Cape

I recently moved from Ohio to New York City and I have had a few conversations with 'industry people' and a few smaller agencies who are interested. But I am looking at doing something more serious. I would love for you to critique my portfolio and tell me what you think.

At this point in your career, you should build a relationship with any agency that will take you, as long as they are legitimate. Going small in the beginning is good because they can take you to the next level. Sometimes starting out at a big agency, you can you get overlooked by the more experienced models.

I like your photos. I think your portfolio is good enough for you to get out and find an agent.


Lawrence Rush

I am an actor, but I am fit at 50 and would love some modeling gigs. Any advice?

If you are an actor, then you know the business. Find a commercial agency to represent you. Most commercial agencies all have print departments. Keep putting yourself out there and network with people for those modeling gigs.

In the meantime…

Have a successful day!

JOEY


* Have a question for me? Click here to go to my ModelWire Network profile.


Comments
0 Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment