Friday, February 11, 2011

Ask Joey: Use This Site!

I think there are too many users on this site who have no clue how to network or they don't know how to use this site to its full potential. ModelWire Network is a platform for all working professionals in the modeling business (or people who want to break in the business) to commune with one another. I don't understand why people aren't networking. If it is a matter of not understanding how to utilize the site, then email MWN Support at: support@modelwirenetwork.com. They are more than happy to help anyone who needs it.


You are not marketing yourself by just sitting idly on this site and waiting for others to approach you. Be proactive. I challenge you to all message at least 5 people this weekend and start a conversation. Better yet, start working with one another.


Frances O'Hara

Do you by any chance know any photographers in Los Angeles that I can do a test shoot with to update my book? I will relocate to NY in the near future.

The best source to find a photographer in Los Angeles is on ModelWire Network. Use the site - there are tons of photographers on here. Some of our users have been posting projects on our Projects page and stating which professionals they are seeking to work with. That is the simple and faster way of getting in touch with other industry professionals. It is kind of like the laundry mat bulletin board used-to-be. You would find something intriguing; you would pull the flyer and call.

You should also get familiar with the browsing function and search for local photographers. Check out their MWN profiles and see if you like their work. If you do, then message them. Start a dialogue. It is always better to start a connection before you work with anyone.

If you are planning on moving to New York soon, be prepared to test some more when you get to NY.


Jeremy Lane

Do you have any advice for a once retired print, commercial, runway international model that has most recently left the corporate office and is looking to gain a foothold back in the business at 37 years of age? I am now without a legit modeling agency. I was formerly with CESD and LA Talent. Any suggestions for the portfolio, agency representation, etc.?

You seem to know the business, so I don't want to lecture you too much. Get some new pictures of yourself, then I would advise you to go back to your former agents. You should have no problem approaching them. Tell them you are back in the business and you want to know if it is worth your while, if there is a market for your type. If they feel you have a market, they will get you connected.

By looking at your portfolio, it seems like you had a very successful career and must have had a lot of connections with successful industry professionals. So call them up, tell them you are thinking about coming back. You will be surprised how old connections can still be great connections. Also, make sure you are networking on this site.


Danielle McKee

I have been out of the loop for a while on the modeling end. I am back up and running again and looking for TFP/TFCD. Hopefully, I will be able to find a team able to do such, so we can all benefit.

You are in the right place. Build up your connections here on ModelWire Network. Start browsing for professionals in your area. If you do find a good team on this site and you actually do a shoot together, please remember to share with me your success, so I can brag about you!


CASSIDY

Yes can you please review my profile? Tell me what I should change about it.

The problem with your photos is you look the same in every picture. Plus, you don't look happy. Not that you have to have a big smile in every photo, but you should have 1 or 2. When I look at your portfolio, I should get a feeling of your personality and you just seem sad to me. Cheer up!

You should also at least have one really good head shot that shows all of your features. Find and connect with a good photographer on the site who has a good collection of beauty shots. See if they will shoot your headshot.

The purpose of this site is to bring people together, so they can build each other up. It is a site for anyone who wants to know about this business, who wants to get in, who is working in the industry and who is or will be professionally successful. We hope that with ModelWire Network we can help jumpstart your career.


In the meantime,

Have a successful day!

JOEY

Follow me @thejoeyhunter


* Have a question for me? Click here to go to my ModelWire Network profile.

Comments
0 Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment