Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Meet Our Featured Members for February 2012

This month we are proud to announce that we have over 5,000 active members on ModelWire Network!  Thank you for continuing to use the site - don't forget to reach out for collaborations.  Remember, the site benefits everyone - go out there and get to work!  Here are our featured members for February.  If you have any questions, concerns or comments please don't hesitate to reach out to us at support@modelwirenetwork.com.  Have a good February!

Model of the Month:  Alanna Gilbert


What do you look for when selecting a photographer to work with?
When selecting a photographer to work with I pay special attention to how they showcase their models.  I like them to pick images which the models are strong and graceful, not only showing off the photographer's artistic eye.  I also like fashion photographers who have a dark and edgy quality to their work, and that special something that hold viewers attention.
What genre does your work focus on?
My modeling is definitely on the fashion side, but I would love to pursue more editorial looks.  I also have to force myself to get some commercial looks in there, it's essential in Los Angeles.  Soon I want to work in New York and focus on fashion and editorial if I can.
Describe your personal style.
My personal style has evolved to a more adult version of the rocker girl I was as a teenager.  I always rock my torn leather jacket and dirty Chucks with band tees.  Lately I've been incorporating some bohemian to mix it up, anything with a cool edge.
Why modeling?
It's either being a model or photographing them.  Either way it's going to be in my life.  It is my life.
What inspires you?
What inspires me the most in modeling is following a young upcoming model during her ride to the top.  It makes me feel as if I could do the same.

Photographer of the Month:  Bruce Gilling

Bruce Gilling is an English man who has traveled worldwide for the last 25 years and lived in 9 fantastic countries including Italy, Germany, Spain, Chile, Argentina, Brazil, UK, New Zealand and Australia.  He bought his first DSLR camera in 2005 when his son was born and that has opened up a whole new world!  His new passion and goals are to create a famous name for himself in photography.

Wardrobe Stylist of the Month:  Envieux Style (Christianne Lefebvre)



Why wardrobe stylist? 
I love using clothing to help bring a story to life.  Whether it is in a photo, on the runway, or in someone's personal collection, it's all about the visuals.
What inspires you?
Old movies, vintage glamour, travel, music, etc.
What is your favorite store to shop at?
I love local boutiques that I can mix affordable style with vintage designer pieces.  One of my favorite stores right now is Sofia Vintage.
What is your favorite project you have worked on?  
I really enjoyed my latest Chicago Fashion Focus week series with 5 nights of local designers and boutiques.  We had some great collaborations and all teams involved in each show were amazing!
What genre does your work focus on?
My work mostly focuses on commercial, editorial and runway.

Makeup Artist of the Month
MROD Hair & Makeup (Michelle Rodgers)


What do you look for when selecting a model?
I look for a model that can handle any type of makeup, facial features and bone structure.  Whether it's for beauty, editorial, fashion, etc.  Can the model pull off a clean makeup and kill it with a strong high fashion look?  What hairstyle can the model handle?  The model's body type and how well she or he can showcase wardrobe.  When I see that the model can bring it all together, then I know I have done my job in finding the right model.
What inspires you?
I'm inspired by different colors and textures.  Looking to see what I can do to bring my next project together.  Watching a classic film, or viewing a fashion show, looking at the latest fashion magazines.  And of course, keeping my eye out for the next latest trend!
What product can you not live without?
My all time favorite product that I must have on set is Make Up For Ever HD Foundation.   It covers beautifully, sets fast and works well in any environment.
What is your favorite band or song?
Well that's a tough one because I love music!  I mostly listen to house and alternative rock.  My two favorite bands right now are Oceanlab and Three Days Grace.
What is your all time embarrassing moment professionally?
I had just gotten off a long flight, was heading to the studio, and the photographer introduced me to the wardrobe stylist.  I went to go and set up my gear and then told the girl that I had just met that I was ready to start working on her.  She looked at me with confusion and reminded me that she was the wardrobe stylist and not the model!  I went to have a cup of coffee and the REAL model showed up 30 minutes later...

Hair Stylist of the Month:  GlamMe Beauty (Jontynise Smith)


Why hairstyling?
Design has always been a part of my life.  My grandmother was a craftsman and my mother is the most creative person I know.  So I think it's always been in my blood to do something artistic.  I didn't choose hair styling, it chose me.  I've been doing this since before I even knew what I was doing.
What is your favorite project you have worked on?
I think my favorite project so far has been the "Presenting Ana" photo shoot I worked on with Erin Delsigne Photography.  I think it was because the model Ana was amazing looking, very young and fresh.  And also because I, with Erin, had the opportunity to do some fashion styling and that really excited me because I love fashion almost as much as I love hair!
What is your personal style?
My personal style, just like my beauty style is very versatile.  I like to do various looks depending on my mood, location and surroundings.  But most of the time, no matter if it's bohemian, classic, retro, trendy - my look is definitely Glam!  I love big superstar hair or a sleek and sassy cut and definitely glamming it up with some makeup and heels!  Heels are a must.  If I had my dream closet, I would only want two pairs of flats and a room full of heels!
What product can you not live without?
The styling product I cannot do without is 'It's a 10 Miracle Leave-in Conditioner.' It really is a miracle in a bottle.  It provides so many benefits to the client's hair like heat protection, control and moisture.  I use it on every client!  The makeup product I cannot do without is Mary Kay Medium Coverage Foundation.  I love this foundation the most because it offers great coverage with a lightweight feeling and it comes in so many skin tones.  And best of all, it's under $20 and lasts forever.
What genre does your work focus on?
One of the great things about my company is that we don't focus on a particular genre.  I always say that my 'specialty' is 'everything'.  I do commercial, editorial, beauty, glamour, set and headshot, and I'm also open and ready to learn something new and be involved in other avenues.  I really don't like limitations, so I try not to limit the scope of my opportunities.  I love having the variety in my life and my work. 

Comments
0 Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment