Friday, December 20, 2013

ASK JOEY: Plan Ahead for the New Year!

As the end of the year rapidly approaches, it's a good time to make plans for all you hope to accomplish in 2014. If you've been thinking about getting into acting class, sign up! If you need to update your portfolio, make some calls or reach out to your fellow MWN to collaborate in the new year. Everyone will come back in January refreshed and ready for change, so it's a great time to get creative and renew excitement in your pursuit of modeling. For many of you, I suggest adding more variety and looks (I'm not talking your clothes, I'm talking about your face!) into your portfolio, and now's a great time to get the ball rolling.

CARLOSBALDERAS
If there is any way you could look at my pictures and tell me what you think, I'd deeply appreciate it.

You photograph well but you only have one look in your pictures. You are too small for fashion, so you will have to pursue TV and commercial print work. I would suggest working on your book to get a bit more variety in your shots. Commercial models have to have a lot of options in their photos.

RAMON DURAN
I'm just starting out with modeling - I started out as a fashion photographer and then got interested in modeling. I have so much passion for this and would love to be in runway shows and also work for huge brands. I would really appreciate any advice on how to get started and make it big in the industry.
Your portfolio is very artistic, but I don't think the shots "sell." You also have the same look in all of the photos. I think you definitely need to get a bit more variety in your shots. Try catching up with a photographer who's work you like on MWN. At 5'11, you have a good look and you may find a fashion agent that will sign you. (You are bordering on the height for fashion v. commercial.)
NICHOLAS CORCIMIGLIA
I would really appreciate some productive criticism on my portfolio with changes that could help further my career goals. I hope all is well and look forward to hearing your feedback.
You have the height for fashion but your portfolio needs a little work. You only have a few shots where you are looking into camera, so I'm missing that connection. You DEFINITELY need to have one shot where you are looking to camera on your comp card and within your top 5 MWN photos. If someone is flipping through and doesn't see that variety, they could pass you over.
TYLER WEATHERFORD
I am a new up-and-coming model. I currently have no representation and live in a very small town in Texas where trying to find modeling jobs is somewhat difficult. I have heard many wonderful things about you and was wondering if you could give me some sort of advice on how to better pursue my dream as a model.
You are definitely a TV and commercial type model, so you need to have an acting background. Get into some local classes if they are available. You also need to get a commercial agent in Dallas or Houston for starters. Page Parkes is a good place to start in Texas. She can hook you up with class information and recommendations on headshot photographers.
RACHENDRA
I live in San Francisco and have done a few print jobs. I want to do more and get recognized. What should I do?
You have a great smile but your pictures are all kind of the same. You are also a TV and commercial type, so you will need acting class/experience if you don't already have it. I would suggest starting there, as well as incorporating a bit more variety into your portfolio. There are a lot of MWN members in the Bay Area who would probably love to collaborate with you to help build your portfolio.
In the meantime,

Have a successful day!

JOEY

Follow me @TheJoeyHunter

*Have a question for me? Ask away at my ModelWire Network Profile.




Comments
0 Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment