Monday, April 7, 2014

Meet Our Featured Members of the Month

Get to know our awesome featured members for the month of April! Now that spring has officially sprung, why not think about reaching out to fellow MWN members for some hot, new collaborations?! If you are interested in being a featured member in an upcoming month, email us at featured@modelwirenetwork.com.

MODEL OF THE MONTH: JESSIE J. MARIE


April's featured model, Jessie J Marie, is based out of Los Angeles. Check out more of her photos on her MWN profile!

PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE MONTH: PETER KOVAL (KOVAL CS)

Peter Koval is a professional photographer with studios in NYC, LA, and Seattle. He's been shooting professionally for almost 20 years. The 'Art Life' is important to him, and his creativity has to manifest somehow or he gets depressed. When he's not shooting, Peter paints and creates music in his spare time.

What inspires you?
I find inspiration in a lot of things from film to music, however photographically I find inspiration in simpler forms and shapes. I also love the collaborative process, whether it's from a member of the crew or the model. I find the collaboration to reveal elements that expand my previous visions.
What do you look for when selecting a model to work with?
Usually I start with the eyes and the energy behind them. I tend to like mystery and a lot of times you can see darkness or energy behind a person's eyes. If they don't have that, then it's an uphill battle to develop the shoot in other ways. The best shoots are often times the most basic, when it's just a model and me or a small crew.
What kind of camera/equipment do you use?
Hasselblad with a Phase One system or a Canon 6, 7 or 5D.
What genre does your work focus on?
I don't limit myself to labels. I've shot fashion mostly, but then I graduated from art school so there is a huge film and painting influences there, plus a ton of nudes. I also do a lot of portraits and location work, but overall I can say that I love people, so my interests lie in the visual conversation.
What is your personal style?
Very laid back. I try to have fun on every shoot and my goal is to extend that energy on the whole shoot. I have never had a bad experience on a shoot, as I've heard from other people's stories. I'm a West Coast person, but spent most of my life in NYC, so I feel I have the best of being relaxed but focused. 
MAKEUP ARTIST OF THE MONTH: DE' CARR BEAUTY

De' Carr Beauty & Cosmetics is a professional makeup resource for all media. Bringing over 10 years experience to the creative world of makeup artistry, De' Carr Beauty's expertise includes the usage of high-definition, air-brush, and traditional makeup applications for film, television, video, print, artistic, portraiture, live media events, and bridal. Based in the Chicagoland area, De' Carr Beauty is available for travel nationwide.

Who is your favorite makeup artist of all time?
ROSHAR. He is a-ma-zing! Roshar is an international makeup artist who seamlessly blends SFX (special effects) and Beauty together and manages to add an even greater degree of difficulty to his work by making it all editorial. His work can be seen in just about every major publication around the world, and it influences me to see the beauty in the a-typical.
What inspires you?
Art. Art inspires me. I am a very visual person. From classic paintings to abstract art, music to dramatic cinema, I am inspired by all things artistic.
What makeup product can you not live without?
That would have to be Smashbox Photo Finish Face Primer. It's one of the finest quality face primers on the market today...and it works!
What is your favorite project you have worked on?
My favorite project was definitely the "Killa Kam" music video. The title is deceiving, but the talent is not! It was a great experience working with amazingly talent people who are completely invested in what they do.
What is your personal style?
When I am on set or with a client, my style is very classic. I tend to wear black because it always looks uniform, but I try to wear tailored and feminine pieces that keep my "uniform" looking upscale and professional.
HAIR STYLIST OF THE MONTH: STACIONNE B. 

Stacionne B. is the hair stylist for NY beauty duo, Vividly Glamorous (Vivid Glam). She and her business partner (a makeup artist) specialize in taking fabulous to new and unimaginable heights. From making brides feel beautiful to turning out edgy, high fashion editorial looks, the ladies of Vivid Glam are taking the beauty and fashion industries by storm. Their work has appeared everywhere from Essence magazine to Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, and their fans include the legendary Tyra Banks and J. Alexander.

WARDROBE STYLIST OF THE MONTH: MAKI SARUWATARI

Maki Saruwatari is a freelance wardrobe stylus who got her start as a dancer. She has kicked off her styling career working with friends styling both dance shows and shoots.

Comments
0 Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment