Monday, May 6, 2013

Meet our Featured Members of the Month!

Check out our Featured Members of the Month for May!  We can't believe it's already May but we're excited to feature some of our talented members each month.  If you are interested in being featured or have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at support@modelwirenetwork.com any time.  Enjoy the month!
Model of the Month:  Jordan McDowell

 

Why modeling?
I love making faces and dressing up my boyfriends so this just seemed like a natural career move.
What inspires you?
I find traveling to be super inspiring - to see the world in all its glory.
What do you look for when selecting a photographer to work with?
The best photographers I have worked with have always been the ones who convey emotion themselves the easiest.  I like when I can feel the energy of the shoot.
What product can you not live without?
I can't go a day without my L'Occitane skincare.  It's the best there is.
What is your favorite band of song of all time?
Favorite band is Arctic Monkeys!

Photographer of the Month:  Melis + Dainon

 

What genre does your work focus on?
We specialize in beauty and fashion images.
What do you look for when selecting a model to work with?
Although the features that we look for change with the project, we are always searching for a special quality that will draw viewers into the image and make them feel something.  We believe that a "good" photograph prompts an emotion - and hopefully a meaningful one.  We find that this special quality results from a combination of elements, including confidence, expressiveness, humor, kindness, independence, and a unique personality.  Genuine subjects are essential to creating an authentic photograph, so it really comes down to feeling, which is why we try to meet all of the models we shoot ahead of time, whether the shoot is for a client or personal project.
Who is your favorite photographer of all time?
We are moved by photography that is soulful, elegant, and purposeful, like our own.  So we appreciate the works of many photographers for different reasons.  Some favorites include Herb Ritts, Peter Lindbergh, Vincent Peters, Helmut Newton, Jock Sturges, Irving Penn, Sally Mann and Patrick Demarchelier.
What is your favorite project you have worked on?
Our most recent shoot is typically our favorite.  We learn from each new experience and are inspired by the people we work with and the final photos, so subsequent shoots benefit from our expanded creativity and perfection of details, making each session more exciting than the last. Also, the way that we feel at the end of the photo shoot determines how much of a 'favorite' it is so getting the right combination of energy and personalities on set is critical for us. We choose our creative teams, subjects and clients very carefully for that reason. We enjoy true professionals who know their craft and can relax and enjoy the experience of the photo shoot.
What inspires you?
We allow inspiration to change with our mood - one week we might be inspired by a unique type of light and the next week we are exploring themes present in eastern meditation.  While we draw inspiration from our own lives, we always leave room for the personality of our model to shine through.  In our experience, the best shoots are those with the perfect balance between the energy provided by ourselves and our team, and that of our model.

Makeup Artist of the Month:  Cathy Dung
 
Why makeup artist?
I love the creative process and being able to find that flow each and every time I do a makeup. 
Who is your favorite makeup artist of all time?
Alex Box, her ability to be innovative with color and stong technique makes her a true artist. 
What inspires you?
In a nutshell, life. Everything from the good and the bad, I draw from it all. The pendulum goes just as far back as it does forth - to truly embrace beauty you have to face the ugliness in the world. 
What product can you not live without?
Moisturizer - Koh Gen Do's Moisture Foundation. It's highly pigmented and exceptionally creamy so a little goes a long way. It's great for all skin types and looks absolutely amazing on as it covers without looking cakey; it's like your skin but better. Simply magical.  
What is your personal style?
I would have to say that I'm a girly tomboy. I hate wearing heels and always opt for my comfy boots or flats. I love wearing loose button up shirts paired with either leggings or jeans. Lately I've been on a maxi dress kick paired with my boots and over the knee tights (paired with a strong brow and either matte velvet mulberry lips or blood red - totally 90's grunge!)

Hair Stylist of the Month:  Jennifer Ziegelmeier 
 

Why hairstyling?
 For me, it was never ”why” hairstyling, it wasn’t ever a choice per say. My ability to do hair was just something that seemed to just come so naturally to me, although if my dolls could talk about the haircuts I gave them, they might tell you a different story! I didn’t own 1 doll that I didn’t take scissors to! I was always intrigued by Hair, all aspects of hair from styling, how it grew etc. I would do hair on family members as well as all the neighborhood kids, from styling to cutting, even though I had no official/professional training. I got a job at the age of 15 after school and on the weekends as a shampoo assistant in an upscale salon. However, with my knack and infatuation for hair coupled with the love for my new salon job, I can’t wholeheartedly say my intention was ever to become a Hairstylist professionally. I had really only looked at doing hair as a hobby so to speak. Eventually after trying 2 colleges and landing a job stocking beauty supplies at K-Mart, my mother coaxed me into enrolling at a local Beauty School
What inspires you?
I can literally find inspiration from anything, everything or anywhere and at any given time.  Inspiration is always around you. You just have to be aware, focused, open minded, creative and think outside of the box.  I frequently find myself viewing other talented industry peers portfolios (in the US, but mostly Canada and Europe because they tend to be a bit more ahead of fashion and trends) online, social media sites, to landscapes, colors and architecture.  
What is your favorite project you have worked on?
I cannot even begin to explain what an honor it was to have been chosen to work with Supermodel Carol Alt.  Not only is she a "Supermode" but Carol Alt was arguably the first person to ear the official title "Supermodel" This particular project/photo shoot was especially special to me, as I wasn't only doing Carol's hair but also her husband's.  His name is Alexi Yashin and he at the time was a star hockey player for the NY Islanders. To top it all off, as if working with two well known celebrities was an honor in itself, I was told the shoot would be for the publication's front cover along with a 10 page editorial.  This was an honor I will always hold dear to my heart.
What is your most embarrassing moment professionally?
In reference to my answer for my favorite project, I also had an embarrassing moment during this shoot.  20-30 minutes into styling Carol Alt, I noticed the PA set my hot coffee by my blow dryer cord.  Within a split second, the coffee spills all over Carol and I hear her husband yell 'Oh no! Not on the brand new Prada shoes I just bought you from Europe!' 
Who is your favorite hair stylist of all time?
This is the hardest question I may ever have to answer.  I am surrounded by so many talented artists in the industry today.  Instead of answering with famous names, I'm hoping my answer provokes readers to research and gain inspiration from iconic hairstylists.  They are Alexandre, Kenneth Battelle, Christiann, Aldo Coppola, Irma Kusely, Sydney Guilaroff, Sam Lapin, Leonard Lewis, Luis Llongueras and Vidal Sassoon. 

Wardrobe Stylist of the Month:  DajaMStyld (Daja Meadows)
 
Why wardrobe stylist?
I have honestly been wanting to style since 9th grade. I design also so it kind of just made sense. I styled a lot of my friends for prom and everyone came to me when they needed a wardrobe change so styling just came naturally.  
What inspires you?
I live in Los Angeles so everything inspires me from graffiti, architecture, people, and art. I love looking at a painting and visualizing how nice it would look if it was a piece of clothing.  
What do you look for when selecting a model to work with?
When selecting a model I look for what makes them who they are. In the industry, being sexy is not everything. A gap, a streak of hair, bone structure - all of this can make a person. I look for people who stand out and don't look like the typical. 
What is your favorite store to shop in?
My favorite store to shop at is Top shop because of the forecasting. They know what's in season and sell it for a price people can afford and a lot of vintage shops on Sunset Blvd in Hollywood. They have one of a kind outfits so you'll never catch another person in the street with the same thing you have on. 
What is your personal style?
My style is a lot of jeans, heels, leather, and jewelry. I love wearing some boyfriend jeans, a white v-neck, Lester jacket, and some nice heels. You look edgy without trying. And being a stylist you need to be as comfortable as possible without looking comfortable 

Comments
0 Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment