Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Ask Joey: Put Some Clothes On

What's happening!
This week I was on a roll and answered five questions.
I would love to get as much input as possible on my portfolio, etc. I do have a question. Which photo would you recommend I use for my main photo here & on my comp card?
Don't touch your main photo, I really like it. It really shows off your eyes, lips, hair, and skin.
As for your portfolio, it is a strong fashion portfolio, but according to your sizes and stats your height is 5'7". Traditionally, fashion models need to be 5'9" or taller. Models at 5'7" should be focused on commercial print, and there are not many commercial prints in your portfolio.
You need to figure out what you want out of your career. I believe you need to focus more on the commercial side.
By the way, this photo is great and needs to be in your top five photos:
Oriana

It would be awesome if you could tell me what I can do better.
I think your portfolio is wonderful. You have everything you would need to show diversity. Unless you don't look that way or come off completely different in person, I don't see why you don't have an agent.
Personally I would use this photo as your main photo.
It is a bit stylized, but I think it really shows you.

I would at least place these kinds of photos in your top five photos / comp card.
Feel positive. From what I am looking at, you are ready for an agent, plus you live in NYC. So get out there and start interviewing. And if you have done a ton of interviews with no bite, then look more closely at your personality.

Could make only experience within Germany, Italy and Spain, however, would attain with pleasure further out and also on this whiteness good photographers and references. My aspiration is it good maybe also top model to become if I correspond claims!
To be honest I had a hard time understanding your question, but I am going to give it a try.
It says in your profile that you live in Germany, so I would start there before becoming a global model. There are tons of agencies in Germany; take advantage of that. Focus on the following cities as they have the biggest markets: Berlin, Hamburg, Munich, Frankfurt, and Dusseldorf.
If I were you, I would find the agencies in those cities. Send them your photos, make an appointment, and let them evaluate you to see if you have what it takes to be a model.

I would love for you to review my portfolio and let me know what improvements I need to do to get more bookings for print and runway.
Let me be honest, your photos are too sexy.
There is a market for swimsuit and lingerie ads, but the biggest market is for fashion and that involves formal wear, business attire, and sportswear. If I were casting for a fashion photo shoot, according to your portfolio I wouldn't cast you. For a swimsuit shoot, you would be at the top of my list.
Make yourself more diversified and in return you make yourself more marketable.

Should I quit? Or keep taking pics and hope for the best?
I think you should keep trying, but just like my advice for Rochelle, "You need to put some clothes on." You have a great body and it shows throughout your portfolio, but I can't tell what you would look like with clothes on.
If you are serious, you will take more fashion photos. Fashion is where the money is -- that is why it is called fashion modeling -- so put some clothes on and take more photos.

Hope this was helpful for you all. Best of luck!
In the meantime…
Have a successful day!
JOEY

* Have a question for me? Click here to go to my ModelWire Network profile.

Comments
0 Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment