Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Beware of Spammers - use your common sense!


It has come my attention the amount of Spammers that have recently been reaching out to you guys on the site.  It is really important for you to be cautious when responding back to any member.  You should never have to give out any personal information - use the site.  If they want to get in contact with you about work, have a couple of conversations over the SITE.  Also, be aware that if something sounds too good to be true, then it probably is.  If someone really wants to work with you, they either have a professional meeting with you in person or on the phone.  No one will openly offer you a paid gig without talking to you.  Use your common sense people!  I know it's easy to get caught up with the emotion of landing that big gig, but it's important to also be careful.  We are working hard with getting rid of these spammers and we can't do it without you.  Please report any suspicious action on the site immediately.  You can reach us at support@modelwirenetwork.com.  Our apologies go out to anyone who has/is falling for these scams.  Sometimes they are hard to figure out, but again, listen to your gut feeling.  It's okay to be suspicious!

CAMII GAYDEN
Would you be willing to take a look at my portfolio and give me advice on my true potential.  There is an agency here in Kansas City where I live that is only willing to seriously work with me if I attend a $4k modeling convention, which is impossible for me to do right now.  I'll be graduating in 2 months and I'm ready to model full time.  Any advice you can give will be great!


 
I checked out your profile and it looks like you have all of the right sizes and you have a nice look.  You can definitely use more pictures though.  I would suggest taking more fashion shots.  As far as agents go, there has to be more than one agency in Kansas City.  Go out and seem them.  I know you're in school, but summer is coming which is a great time to focus on your career.  You need to make some contacts in your area and build your career.  Work with people on MWN for test shoots.
ASHLEY DELVA
Do you think I can make it in New York's modeling industry?  I tried many different New York agencies and no one was interested so I somewhat lost hope in modeling, but I don't want to give up because this is my dream!

 
Your problem is your height.  At 5'7" the fashion agencies in New York will turn you down.  I like your look though.  You should go commercial.  Take an acting class and use MWN to find some test shoots.  There are lots of TV and commercial print agents in the Big Apple.  You just need to find your niche and stick with it.  
DESEAN
I need a lot of help.  I'm an aspiring model/actor but as a model I'm ready to break into magazines and ads but I'm only 5'7".  Do you know where I can go or who I can submit to, to start making my dreams a reality?  Or is there anyone I can work with that can put me on the right path?
 
 
All of your pictures look alike.  You have too many body shots.  Modeling is all types of clothing which means you need to have different looks.  Your height means you can just do commercial modeling.  Find a commercial agent, but forget high fashion.  Focus on taking more/better photos.
ESOSA EDOSOMWAN
I currently do not have an agency.  I would love it if you would take a look at my photos and offer any suggestions for agencies that may be interested.  I have booked a lot of great work these past couple of years, but many agents have had an issue with my hair type.  The funny thing is I am sought after by major photographers and clients alike, because of my hair.  Any feedback or recommendations you can offer are greatly appreciated.

 
You should definitely have an agent!  You have a great look.  Your hair isn't bad, it will just limit you for a lot of mainstream work like catalogs.  But there is a lot of editorial potential.  Maybe you can work with a wig?  Just a suggestion.  If someone is interested they are willing to work with you and your hair.  I wouldn't worry too much about it.  Good luck!
In the meantime,

Have a successful day! 

JOEY

Follow me @TheJoeyHunter

 

Comments
0 Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment