Monday, April 2, 2012

Meet our Featured Members Members for April 2012

Here are our Featured Members for April!  Spring has quickly approached us and we are pleased to share with you our latest featured members.  We also have a very special announcement in the upcoming weeks, so make sure you stay tuned.  And we can't stress enough to constantly check your MWN profile and projects page - there are tons of opportunities.  If you would like to be featured or have a project, don't hesitate to reach out to us at suppor@modelwirenetwork.com.  Have a great April!

Model of the Month:  Eric Isaiah Weldon


What is your personal style?
I'm pretty relaxed and laid back - jeans and t-shirts are dressy for me.  Working as a model has definitely changed some of my taste and taught me to appreciate designer apparel.  In the past I was really, really casual. 
What do you look for when selecting a photographer to work with?
Lighting of shots is really important to me, whether artificial or natural.  It can really show the photographer's ability to observe and what they allow the camera to expose.  I also like photographers who use a variety of angles and interesting compositions.
What genre does your work focus on?
Personally, I love working out and keeping an eye of my physical condition.  But most of the work I'm chosen for is with my clothes on, so I guess I'm okay if I just take care of my smile!
What is your favorite project you have worked on?
I've been lucky enough to book some pretty cool jobs, but working on Germany's Next Top Model with Heidi Klum and all the girls on that show was a great experience which produced some outstanding photos.  Although, working the Academy Awards as a trophy presenter was an unmatched experience that I will never forget.
Who is your favorite model of all time?
Elle Macpherson.  She was the first person I can recall that I identified with the word "model" and I've been a fan ever since.  She seems to be rolling pretty strong!

Photographer of the Month:  Allen Henson

 

Who is your favorite photographer of all time?
Helmut Newton.  I prefer black and white photos and I love anything with a noiresque feel.  And the sexuality - it's perfect.
What kind of camera/equipment do you use?
Right now I'm shooting with a Nikon D3s and a D300.  I consistently rotate between an 85 and 50 prime lens and a 70-200.  If I light, I use Profoto heads.
What is your favorite project you have worked on?
I'm currently in South America.  It's wild.  There's not really any rules here, so it's perfect for creativity.  I don't like rules.
What genre does your work focus on?
Editorial.  I don't really like "pretty" pictures.  I get bored easily.  We have to take pretty picture a lot in this line of work.  With the pretty ones I always feel like I'm boring myself.  The editorial is exciting and it's interesting to me.
What is your most embarrassing moment professionally?
I leave the lens cap on a lot.  I notice immediately but it gets a chuckle out of the models.  I'm absent minded like that.

Wardrobe Stylist of the Month:  Lauren Nakagawa
 

Why wardrobe stylist?
Growing up, I loved history, film, fashion and art in general.  If you combine those 4 things, you get my dream job which is Costume Design.  I hold a BFA in Costume Design from CalArts and having that ability to design for all forms:  dance, theater, film, fashion - I realized the business behind the art of Styling.  You can have great designs, but if you can't create new trends and can't pair them with new and old pieces, you won't stand out.  And that is what Styling is to me - it's taking existing pieces and creating new looks from head to toe.
Who is your favorite wardrobe stylist of all time?
I personally love June Ambrose and Rachel Zoe.  They really are the reigning queens of the Styling world.  They dress the stars but also from do so they become stars in their own right.  I also admire Jeannie Mai who is currently changing the face of Asian American women today.  Her funky style and personality is what makes a Stylist a fashion icon - and an attainable one at that.
What do you look for when selecting a model to work with?
If they have an interesting look (everything but commercial), I'd be interested in dressing him or her.  They need to really want to play and have fun and be open to different looks.  I want a chameleon because I want them to use the clothes and accessories as props.  My styling is only as good as the model that wears them at the end of the day.
What is your favorite store to shop at?
My favorite stores become warehouses.  They are also called Sample Sales at the different showrooms in LA.  I love CC Skye for their jewelry, Michell Kim for 213 Industry and MK2K for feminine pieces, Linea Pelle for her handbags.  And if I'm shopping online, Shopbop.com is my go-to site.
What is your favorite project you have worked on?
Right out of school, I was given the opportunity to custom make Rebecca Hall's brown and turquoise diner uniform for her feature film A Bag of Hammers starring Jason Ritter and Amanda Seyfried.  It was so fun to see something you made on a star and she was so gracious. 

Makeup Artist of the Month:  Lisa G Artistry

 

Why makeup artist?
I LOVE everything about it!  It is like color therapy!  I am always meeting new people, making them more beautiful, plus I get to travel!
Who is your favorite makeup artist of all time?
Oh this is a hard one - I have many.  I think you can always pick up a new trick from working with or watching another makeup artist.  Billy B and Kristofer Buckle make my top three.  But my number one all time favorite is Kevyn Aucoin.  I remember when his first book came out.  At the time, I had no idea that I wanted to be a makeup artist - yet I begged my mom to buy the book for me.  I just thought his makeup work was gorgeous!
What inspires you?
Almost anything can prompt a creative a foray.  I love anything from the 60's and early 70's.  I love big, bold colors.  Nature can inspire me.  I think my latest obsession for inspiration has been Pinterest.  Can we say obsessed with Pinterest!  I love the visuals.  There are so many creative people in the world shooting amazing images and posting the most exquisite photos on this site. 
What do you look for when selecting a model to work with?
I work with all sorts of models.  Some experienced, some not.  I think the best models are the ones that can really "turn it on" for the camera.  I love it when a model can show confidence while having a friendly personality and a good attitude.
What product can you not live without?
I can not live without Giorgio Armani Foundations, Costco baby wipes (best makeup remover ever!) and Shu Uemura brushes. 

Comments
0 Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment