Thursday, November 1, 2012

Meet Our Featured Members of the Month!

We are proud to show off our Members of the Month for November.  Most of these members worked with us on another collaborative shoot with IndustryWire contributor and former Featured Photographer Allen Henson.  We can't wait to see the images!  If you have any questions or feel like you should be featured, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at support@modelwirenetwork.com.  Have a good month everyone!

Model of the Month:  Rey

 

Who is your favorite model of all time?
It's hard to pick one, but I love Irina Shayk and I also have to mention Marissa Miller - her height inspires me!
What inspire you?
My inspiration starts from my drive to win and to be the best I can be.  I look at a magazine, models and photographers for inspiration
What product can you not live without?
Mascara.
What genre does your work focus on?
Commercial, print, editorial, beauty and catalog.
Why modeling?
Modeling gives you the opportunity to be creative and be able to tell a story through an image.  I love being in front of the camera and every shoot is a learning experience.  I was meant to do this!

Photographer of the Month:  JM Dayao (Jerome)

 

Why photography?
Well honestly, photography is less daunting and requires less time than painting.  I love photographing people and seeing different faces express diverse emotions.
Who is your favorite photographer of all time?
I don't have a particular 'one' but I am a big fan of Annie Leibovitz, Norman Jean Roy and Paolo Roversi.  That is why my style is somewhat similar with regard to lighting and toning of photographs.
What do you look for when selecting a model to work with?
Being easy to work with is number one and being able to follow instructions.  Bad attitude is a killer for me.  As they say - what is beauty if the brain is empty.
What kind of camera/equipment do you use?
I use a Canon 5d Mark II.  I have a few lenses but my favorite one is my 24-70mm 2.8. 
What genre does your work focus on?
I usually say I am a fashion and lifestyle photographer.  I like telling stories.  However, that being said, I am pretty flexible depending on the project and the intent.

Makeup Artist of the Month:  Melissa Sandoval

 

What inspires you?
What inspires me is working with other creative minds, listening to their ideas and having them openly listen to mine.  I'm inspired by individuals within my own network, for their vision and delivery of images, whether they be photographers, hair stylists or other makeup artists.  I have to say that I truly admire the work of makeup artist Barbara Yniguez and the team she always works with, as well as the work of makeup artist Dana Delaney.
What do you look for when selecting a model to work with?
Great skin!
What product can you not live without?
My Bobbi Brown foundation/concealer Portfolio.  It has every shade I need, it's compact and easy to travel with.
What is your personal style?
Girly, but kind of tough - like Punky Brewster!
What is your favorite project you have worked on?
The shoot I did for the French magazine WAD was a lot of fun.  It was during weekend one of Coachella and we shot at four different locations all across the lower desert.  I had the opportunity to walk through the natural oasis in Aqua Caliente, which is beautifully lined with the oldest and largest palm trees I have ever see. 

Hair Stylist of the Month:  Dawn Mattocks
 
 

Why hair styling?
My mom always told me I needed something to fall back on.  She was right!
What inspires you?
Street wear in New York and Los Angeles, fine art, music, objects from nature, organic imagery, color and design, meditation and philanthropists.
What do you look for when selecting a model to work with?
I look to see how much versatility they have in their photos and whether they exude confidence when they are being photographed.  I especially take notice of how well they take care of their skin, hair and nails - flawless skin, healthy full hair with body or a signature cut.  Most importantly, they should have good facial structure and a sleek, toned body.
What genre does your work focus on?
I have always loved working in beauty and fashion, but I admired the structure and organization of commercial shoots.
What is your most embarrassing moment professionally?
I went into a salon and asked to have a little red added into my color because red fades fast - my friend accidentally added too much copper and I looked like Lucille Ball.  I had a huge dinner engagement planned with friends who had invited their agents over to meet me for Thanksgiving dinner, and there I was in the bathroom mixing up a shade to correct the color.  I was having a heart attack and in a state of shock to say the least.  What a nightmare!

Wardrobe Stylist of the Month:  Wilford Lenov
Why wardrobe stylist?
Well growing up I remember always having a fun and quirky style.  I loved mixing androgynous and masculine pieces and creating my own unique style that both boys and girls would admire.  I would always dress my friends that were attending parties and family events.  So I guess it was kind of like second nature to me.  At 16, I got my first job as an assistant merchandiser - it was there where I developed an obsession with creating an image.  Imagine having the power to completely change somebody's image and just seeing someone feel comfortable and powerful in what they wear.  That is why I do styling.  To be honest, I don't see myself doing anything else - I love what I do.
What inspires you?
Music, art, fashion and emotions.  I feel like all these elements is what inspires me to style and to be honest, it all goes hand in hand.
What do you look for when selecting a model to work with?
They have to have that certain feel to them.  I don't like models that have a negative attitude.  It's better when everyone has a positive attitude.  The shoot goes well with great vibes.  Lastly, you have to look the part.
What is your favorite store to shop at?
I don't know if I can answer this!  I have so many favorite shops but I guess I will cheat and say American Apparel and J Crew for my more classic, clean, casual preppy looks.  If I want to go for a more urban grunge feel, I would shop at Urban Outfitters or Waste Land in LA.
What is your favorite band or song of all time?
I can't really think of one single band, but currently I am into the Chromatics and The XX. 

Comments
0 Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment