Thursday, March 3, 2011

Ask Joey: Fill Out Your Profiles

I want to GUIDE and HELP you all. But I need to know your sizes and stats, your location, and it would help if you filled out the 'About Me' section.

Many of you don't understand the importance of making sure your MWN profile is properly filled out. Your ModelWire Network profile is a calling card. There are a lot of working professionals on this site and they all go to other's profiles. They need to know if you live close to them, they also need to know something about you. If you are a model, then they DEFINITELY need to know your sizes and stats. If your profile does not look professional, they are not going to network with you.

Even more importantly, you never know if an agent is going to be looking at your profile. That is correct; the agents on our parent site, ModelWire, have the capability to scout for new talent on MWN. So make sure your profile is looking as professional at all times because you never know who is looking at it.


Chad Neace

How can we work together? Let me be the first Redhead that comes to mind. Do you think I've put myself out enough? I say no, but I'm doing the best I can with the resources I have.

I think you are under the impression that I am still an agent. I was for the majority of my life, but I have been working with ModelWire, officially since 2000. I now participate with ModelWire Network. Though I may not be able to 'work' with you, I am enthusiastic about encouraging and helping you in the business.

You do have a very commercial look and your book reflects that. You are also very animated, which is good. You should have an agent. It is good that you are on this site. Like I said, we have a ton of agencies on our parent site, ModelWire, that use MWN to find new talent.

You should start networking and submitting yourself to the projects that are being posted on our PROJECTS page. But before you do anything, fill out your sizes and stats. No agent will want to talk to you if you don't complete the most basic step.


Lenara

I just wanted to ask you if you can recommend me a few very good photographers for my modeling portfolio.

You can find great photographers on ModelWire Network. Daily, there are photographers joining the site, who are looking for models for testing and for jobs, so start networking. If there is a project that was posted by a photographer in your area stating they are in need for models, then submit yourself.

I do think that you need more photos in normal everyday fashion. You also need a commercial and beauty headshot.

Make sure you fill out your sizes and stats and your current location. This will help others browse for you, which in turn, helps you make connections.


Fatima

I would like to be featured in a magazine. I was wondering if you could give me some advice on how to pursue this. Magazines like Maxim, Vogue, Glamour, etc.

Before you focus on wanting to get in the magazines, you need to focus yourself on working on your book. You have the same expression in all of your photos. You need to show versatility. Find a good photographer on MWN who will work with you to improve your book.

Second of all, how tall are you? What are your sizes and stats? What part of the country do you live in?

If you are serious about this, we all need to know your sizes. We need to know what market you live in or which market you are close to. Your MWN profile is your calling card, so market yourself. Make yourself scoutable.

The way to get in the high profile magazines is to have a good agent, who has the connections to those magazines. If you aren't represented right now, then you need to find an agency that is local. They don't need to be a huge agency, but one that can take you to the next level.


Ivonka

I'm 32 years old and I really want to model for a few more years, if I can, before I get too many wrinkles… But I'm not sure if I have what the big agencies want. I want to get signed by a big name agency, but not sure how to do it and what are the requirements? I'm currently signed with a couple of small agencies and I don't get much work from them.

Again, in what city or market do you live in or are close to? Big agents are in the big cities. I could guide you if I knew where you lived. I could also direct you more if I knew your sizes and stats and if I knew a little about you.

The good news is you have a great commercial look and your portfolio is very good. I believe you have many more years of working ahead of you, so go out and find that big agent!


Ralph

I was just at your office in LA on Sunset (Ford Model Mang.) for an open call. Question: What would it take to be part of your agency?

Like I told Chad, I am no longer working as an agent, but I am still very involved in the business through ModelWire and ModelWire Network. That is why I am able to answer your question today.

You do have a great look and body, but you should take some more photos with your clothes on. I could point you in a better direction, but like everyone else today - I don't know your sizes and stats! At least with you, I know you live in Hollywood, CA.


Please everyone, fill out your profiles!

In the meantime,

Have a successful day!

JOEY

Follow me @thejoeyhunter


* Have a question for me? Click here to go to my ModelWire Network profile.

Comments
0 Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment