Friday, May 20, 2011

Ask Joey: For All You Dreamers Out There


I have to say that the models who asked questions this week all have potential to make it in this business.
What I need to say to all of them and to all models reading, "If you stay in the town that you lived in all your life, you will never fully realize your potential."
It takes a lot of courage to move to a big modeling market, but that is what it takes.
You have to look at yourself and ask, "How badly do I want it?" You will go as far as you allow yourself to go.
I'm looking to go national, particularly runway. Any suggestions or comments?
Eduano
You have nice look and your photos are good enough to show to agents. Charlotte, NC has a lot of commercial agents. Start there by making appointments to see them. I have heard they are shooting a lot of films and commercials in North Carolina.
But Charlotte is not the not the runway capitol of the world. If you are serious about runway modeling, you need to move to a market that offers more shows.
I am a traveling model from New York City. I reside in Bocaraton, Florida and would like to know what can you do to further my career?
Ajah
When you say you are a traveling model, I assume you work with agents in different markets. You have a nice look - maybe you should pick a market and stay a while, really focus yourself. You definitely need to focus more on your book, get more photos in there.
I am a lifestyle model, returning to the industry after graduating college. Let me know if you have any advice for making a comeback and your thoughts on longevity in the industry!
Lauren Alexis
I like your look and it is refreshing to see a model who knows their place in the industry. You have a very commercial look, with a little edge. I see that you are represented by Scout Model Agency; they are with our parent site, ModelWire. I would just stay on top of your agent; do some more testing, you have the sizes for fashion. You may want to also discuss with your agency about finding you an agent in LA, so you can work in both markets.
As for longevity, commercial models have a much longer life than a fashion model.
My name is Danielle Drew I am a 19 year old aspiring model, I am telling you right now I HAVE what it takes. I just need the help and the opportunity to get there! My grandma helps me as much as she can, but she has no idea what the industry is. Other than that, I'm on my own! I would love for you to help me out and try to guide me. I am young and I have the skills smarts and the looks it takes to make it in this industry! Please give me any advice you have because anything helps!
Dani Drew
Dani, I love your look. You would be great for commercial print. As for fashion; you don't have the height for it.
You live next to LA, so you don't have an excuse for not teaming up with some other professionals on this site and building up your portfolio. Take some acting lessons and then get out there. LA is the best market for your type of modeling.
I really want to know your honest opinion. Do you think, as far as my look, that I would be able to make it far in this industry? Is there any advice you can offer me as far as booking jobs and anything as far as photos are concerned? I would really appreciate your feedback!
Kammie
You have a great commercial look, but I don't know Winnemucca, NV and if there is much of a market there. I would suggest to you that you find a photographer near you and start testing more - get more variety in your portfolio.
If you really want this career, you will move to a bigger market like LA. That is the closest big market near you.
I would love to get some feedback from people. Are people reading? Let me know!
In the meantime,
Have a successful day!
JOEY
Follow me on Twitter @thejoeyhunter
* Have a question for me? Ask away in my ModelWire Network profile

Comments
0 Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment