Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Ask Joey: Meet our Featured Members for May 2011

I hope all of you have noticed our newest release.

Now you can post links in your profile and on wall posts. But the most important thing is that the site is BROKEN OUT. That means - your friends and family can now view your MWN profile, even without being a member.

And you have the ability to personalize your URL.

On top of that, you can now browse for the MOST LIKED and MOST VIEWED profiles. This is going to play a big part in who we feature on our Homepage. I know I say this every month - we feature members who are making an impact in the industry and who are active on our site.

Show us who you feel deserves to be on the Homepage. Like their photos! Visit their profiles!

Heck - message me about them or message MWN!

Don't just join our community and sit on the site! Be active and make decisions!

Here are this month's FEATURED MEMBERS:


Why modeling?

I participated in sports my entire life and played volleyball all through college. Once I graduated college and joined the workforce, I felt empty inside and had a void to fill. I did my first runway show in March 2010 and fell in love with the stage and spot light! I soon divulged everything into modeling as I did previously with volleyball. Modeling is an excellent platform to use to build your network and develop skills for a future career.

Who is your favorite model of all time?

I have a couple of favorite models: a few are Cindy Crawford, Tyra Banks and Kimora Lee Simmons. Cindy Crawford, being a size 8, is an inspiration to me because she was a successful curvy model. The industry has changed A LOT since she peaked and I really want to bring healthy figures back to the runway! Tyra and Kimora are both models I look up to because they both broke significant ground in the modeling industry and accomplished many things no one before them has. They both stand for health and diversity, and that is something I admire. They all continue to share their beauty with others and give back to the community.

What inspires you?

Everything inspires me. I would have to say what inspires me the most is my circle of friends. I am truly blessed to have been able to surround myself with beautiful souls that were blessed with talent and are determined to live their life fulfilling that passion. Being able to watch them grow within themselves and succeed at what makes them happy is amazing to watch! There's always a constant drive around you, pushing you when you are having doubt.

What is your personal style?

My personal style... I don't really know what to call it or how to explain it. I guess the best way to describe it is Glam/TomBoy. I love to be comfortable and sport the bummy/beachy/hippie look, but I also love to put on a dress and heels!

What genre does your work focus on?

I try to be as versatile as possible with my work. I tend to do beauty, editorial, commercial, athletic looks. My dream campaign would be for Nike, Adidas, or any other major athletic company. I'd also love to do Victoria's Secret.


Why Photography?

I appreciate all mediums, but I love photography because it's one of the quickest way to tell a story.

What inspires you?

Anything and everything.

What do you look for when selecting a model to work with?

I'm not looking for someone who can pretend or act in front of the camera, I look for models who have the ability to let go and truly be free.

What is your favorite project?

My favorite project is the new book I'm working on now. I'm shooting a new series of women and short stories that I'm really excited about.

What is your personal style?

Timeless/ monocromatic.



What inspires you?

It's funny; things just kind of appear in my head. I will see a model, the wardrobe, hear the concept and a vision will come together. Even if I have never done the hairstyle or know how to create it, I will figure it out and surprise myself with how beautifully it all falls together.

What product can you not live without?

Kenra #25 hair spray! It smells soooo good and works so well, all of my clients love it!

What is your personal style?

I love trying new things each day! One day I will look like an 80's hair metal vixen and the next I can be a retro pinup. I love having fun with style, but with all honesty I am most comfortable in my own skin, bare faced in a plain white T, jeans, and a pair of Chucks.

What genre does your work focus on?

I love being a one-stop shop. I have always loved learning as much as possible and being readily available for whatever comes my way. I started out in film and theatre, then moved into the beauty and bridal industry, from there I got into commercial and fashion work. I love having variety and doing 1940's victory rolls for a themed photoshoot one day and then a high fashion updo the next. It's all about the challenge!

What is your favorite band or song of all time?

Pink Floyd… I just love their originality. Their music just makes me smile and calms me down whenever it comes on. I even have "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" tattooed on my left forearm. To me, it's a daily reminder to keep focused myself and do what makes me happy. I shouldn't let people hold me back from my dreams… I am the "crazy diamond" and I need to "shine on."


Why makeup artist?

I often joke on set and liken myself to an anorexic chef because I don't like to wear any makeup. After years of being the proverbial camera hog, now I just prefer to blend in and let my work speak for itself. I have a classic style and prefer simplicity and the only way you'll catch me wearing makeup is if it's the first time I am meeting you. But that's not to say that I am not thrilled with the concept of makeup and the art of transformation.

What inspires you?

I am constantly inspired from the great works of my fellow artists, the colors and textures of nature or often as has been the case, a muse will come along and I am off on an inspirational journey!

What do you look for when selecting a model to work with?

At times, I am in a position of selecting my model, of course beauty and being photogenic are important, but the model HAS to possess a positive and "can-do" attitude. Shoot days are long and tiring, it is vital for the model to be positive, polite and friendly. I am a firm believer that the camera can feel its subject's energy, good or bad.

Which project that you worked on was your favorite?

Needless to say, my favorite projects to work on, aside the ones produced by my own production company MBN productions, are projects where I can learn and be inspired by the talent of the people around me without the intimidation factor.

I love being in a collaborative atmosphere where people are willing to share ideas and know how, where we can all work toward a fantastic, mutual goal of getting our best work to come out...giving it all we got to get the "money shot"!


Why wardrobe stylist?

For us, wardrobe styling is just part of what we do. We also prop style and production design films and photos. I am happiest when I have some influence over every aspect of a shoot's look. That way I can help the director or photographer tell a story with every aspect of the image. Clothes, unlike location and props, directly reflect on the character. In most stories, the protagonist hasn't designed the world they're in, but they have picked out their outfit. So wardrobe is a chance to really sculpt the character.

What inspires you?

We are inspired by a lot of design outside the world of fashion. In particular, outsider architecture, new urbanism, camping and outdoor living, scientific and medical ephemera, the arts and crafts movement, the vegetation of Southern California, fraternal lodges, Civil War era photography, and military history and surplus. Our Facebook/Twitter feed and Etsy Store are an extension of this. We post articles on things that relate to our aesthetic, and sell vintage items that inspire us.

What do you look for when selecting a model to work with?

A great model is more than a pretty face, but someone who can be inspired by the world and outfits they are in. They must be able to react to their surroundings in an imaginative and expressive way.

Where do you love to shop?

Our favorite stores are the flea markets of Los Angeles like the Rose Bowl and Long Beach Flea Market.

Which project that you worked on was your favorite?

We are currently extremely excited about expanding our series with Tamar Levine of mothers and young babies. The first set is HERE. Now we are raising money on Kickstarter to do at least two more stories. We're looking for locations for a wealthy woman and baby in the 80's, a working class woman and child in a 90's.

In the meantime,

Have a successful day!

JOEY

Follow me on Twitter @thejoeyhunter

* Have a question for me? Click here to go to my ModelWire Network profile.

Comments
0 Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment