Friday, January 20, 2012

Photographers - stay focused!

It is important for photographers to choose an area of focus and concentrate on that.  Perfect a certain area - art directors usually want someone who can do a job, not several jobs.  Also, keep in mind that just because you have a nice camera doesn't mean you are a photographer.  Learn how to use your camera to take the best photos you can.  Most importantly, take photos you enjoy taking.  If you enjoy fashion - stick to fashion!

CHANTAL HASSE PHOTOGRAPHY
Hi, my name is Chantal and I'm studying at Brooks Institute of Photography in Santa Barbara.  I would love to get your input on the few pictures I posted on your site.  I'm also looking for a possible internship with a good fashion photographer.  Any recommendations?

I love your photos.  The lighting is beautiful, the models look amazing and the fashion stands out.  Everything seems to be working.  You're selling it really good.  I think your work as a whole is great.  You've definitely got talent.  If I were you I would start looking up big photographers and network/intern.  Get out there and send them your work - I don't think you'll have any trouble finding anything.

ALBERTO LEOPIZZI
I would sure love an opinion of my work if you have the time.  Of course I have thousands of images, these are just some of my favorites.

 
Everyone look clean, but there are too many things going on (it looks a little complicated).  I like the ones that are in the studio more than the ones that are on location.  Your choice of models isn't the best.  Simplify your photos.  Book models to test and develop a style.  You don't seem to have a direction or a style - focus on getting that.
MARIO DICATALAN
How do I market myself as a fashion photographer in San Diego?  I want to become a working photographer!  First I want to assist A-List fashion photographers and see how they work professionally. 

I think your best bet is to go to Los Angeles.  You are so close.  Find a photographer and them your work.  You need a better selection of models.  You're all over the place.  But I must say that I love your photos with the art work in the background.  Those are very unique.  Best of luck.
JYOUNGFILMS
What do you think of my pictures?

It doesn't show much.  They're sexy, but that's probably because they're on the beach.  I love two.  The two with the blondes.  They look like posters - you should market them.  Broaden your horizon a little more - get out there and do more test shoots.

In the meantime,

Have a successful day!
JOEY

Follow me @TheJoeyHunter

 

Comments
0 Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment