Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Meet Our Featured Members for January 2012

Happy New Year everyone!  It is with great pleasure that we introduce our amazing featured members to start the new year off right!  We want to thank all of you for your continued support and we can't wait to reveal what we have planned for upcoming months - stay tuned, 2012 is going to be amazing.  Remember, if you have any questions, concerns or comments please don't hesitate to reach out to us at support@modelwirenetwork.com.  Happy New Year!

Model of the Month:  Anima


Why modeling?
Through modeling I can express different personalities and aspects of myself that don't necessarily come to light in everyday life.
Who is your favorite model of all time?
Coco Rocha - I love her walk.  So much intensity
What genre does your work focus on?
  I'd like to say a mix of Editorial/High Fashion & Artistic/Creative.
What is your favorite song or band of all time?
"Enjoy the silence" by Depeche Mode.
What is your most embarrassing moment professionally?
I was standing in the same position for over 2 hours as a designer was designing/fitting/adjusting a dress on me.  All of a sudden I started to feel dizzy and said to the assistant, "I need to sit down."  The next thing I know, I opened my eyes to see everybody staring at me.  I was lying on the floor on my back.  Apparently I had fainted!  All was fine - they gave me some water and let me chill for a while!

 Photographer of the Month:  Duke Morse


 Why photography?
Because I have a passion to show the world what I see.
Who is your favorite photographer of all time?
That changes daily.  At the moment it is Helmut Newton.
What inspires you?
Beauty, textures, shadows, form and the ability to show presence.
What kind of camera/equipment do you use?
I shoot Nikon D200 (digital) and Hasselblad (film).
What do you look for when selecting a model to work with?
Strong lines.  I like distinctive facial features and a sleek form. 

Wardrobe Stylist of the Month:  Underground Runway (Tiffany Stewart)  


Why Wardrobe Stylist? 
I get to be creative in a whole other way.  I'm passionate about making people feel good about work they wear and creating work that stands out.
What inspires you?
Working with other creative people.  Their passion is contagious.
What is your favorite band or song of all time? 
Timothy Bloom featuring V's "Until the end of time."
What do you look for when selecting a model to work with?
If they are just as passionate as I am and can take directions well.
What genre does your work focus on? 
Creative genre! And editorial.

Makeup Artist of the Month:  Enid Seymore

 
Why makeup artist?
I became a makeup artist by accident.  I honestly didn't know that you could make a career out of something like this until a year before I went after it.  I have always been a product junkie so my job is the perfect excuse.
Who is your favorite makeup artist of all time?
Kevin Aucoin.  Period.
What product can you not live without?
I am addicted to MAC Paint Pots and MUFE Duo Matt Powder Foundations.
What is your favorite project you have worked on?
One?  I love every photo shoot more than the last.  Plus, the people that you work with really make the projects.  I have been so lucky to work with great people.  I am excited pretty much every day.
What is your most embarrassing moment professionally?
I had a cheap blow dryer die on set.  It was horrible.  Always buy the best that you can afford! 

Hair Stylist of the Month:  Mitzi Spallas

 
 Why Hair Styling?
  I had chosen not to go to college after high school due to financial reasons. After spending several years working odd jobs in offices and as a cocktail waitress in San Francisco, I decided it was time to do something more productive with my life. I had always been interested in fashion and beauty, so when my older sister, who I admired and looked up to my entire life, became a hairdresser, I decided it was the best option for me at the time. As soon as I started cosmetology school, I knew I had found my life's passion!
Who is your favorite hair stylist of all time?
Odile Gilbert is my hair hero.  She is so talented and so creative, and uses techniques that I've never seen anyone else use. Her styles seem to be inspired from other eras, yet they are always very modern and on the cutting edge of fashion.  Her styles can sometimes look very complicated, yet effortless. I have seen some truly remarkable work from her, yet I have never seen Odile's work in person. My ultimate dream would be to someday watch her work! 
What inspires you?
I'm inspired by being around other talented people who have a passion for whatever it is they are doing. I'm also very inspired by old movies, as one of my favorite things to do is period hair. At the same time, I love modern, edgy hair, and love going to places like London or Amsterdam or Tokyo and finding inspiration in the street styles there.
What do you look for when selecting a model to work with?
When I'm choosing a model myself,  I love girls who are a little bit off, not exactly perfect. I find having features like really wide-set eyes, or small lips, much more interesting than having big huge eyes and giant puffy lips like Angelina Jolie kind of boring. I find perfection in their imperfections!  Then again, I don't always get to have a say in the model I work with and I will add that I'm AMAZED at how many hair product companies do not have a hairstylist's input when choosing a model. I can make thin, unhealthy hair look very thick and shiny and healthy when I have to. It just means that it will require a lot more prep time, hair extensions, and possible retouching when it has to be faked! It's the same when using a model with bad skin for a cosmetic ad. Of course, with makeup, lighting, and retouching, their skin will always look flawless. However, a lot of retouching translates into time and into dollars. Therefore, if I do get a say, obviously I will look for  a model with healthy hair and nice skin. The color and cut of her hair also makes a difference, depending on what look I'm trying to achieve.  

Comments
0 Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment