Thursday, March 1, 2012

Meet Our Featured Members for March 2012

We are excited to present to you guys our Featured Members for March!  We have selected a very talented group who are all active members on ModelWire Network.  Remember - stay active on the site.  It definitely pays off.  People are getting scouted, making connections and getting to work.  If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to contact us at support@modelwirenetwork.com.  Have an amazing March!

Model of the Month:  Morgan O'marro


Who is your favorite model of all time?

I am a big fan of Marissa Miller.  She is from my hometown in Santa Cruz and one of my dreams is to work for Victoria's Secret someday.  She knows how to work her body and face and she is definitely someone I admire.
What do you look for when selecting a photographer to work with?
I absolutely love black and white photography.  If a photographer has a lot of b&w in their portfolio I am already interested.  I also love high fashion/editorial work.
What product can you not live without?
I can't live without my favorite perfume!  Laugh with Me Lee Lee by Benefit Cosmetics.
What is your favorite project you have worked on?
My favorite project I have worked on was quite recently actually for Fashion 5.0 Magazine in San Diego.  The issue will be released in April!
What is your favorite band or song of all time?
My favorite band of all time is Maroon 5 - Adam Levine is just so sexy!

Photographer of the Month:  CFK Photography (Chris Fox-Kelly)

 
Why photography?
I started my artistic career in drawing.  As I entered high school, I grew tired of drawing.  So I wanted to start a new chapter.  My father had tons of cameras laying around and one day it hit me.  How could I capture art without drawing and still be creative?  The answer was photography.
Who is your favorite photographer of all time?
A friend of mine named Shamel Washington.  He doesn't know it, but his approach to photography is very personal and raw.  His use of angles, lighting and timing allows him to capture the true essence of ones soul.
What inspires you?
Life.  Everyday I wake up and hit the outdoors and I observe something worth being photographed.  Life is forever changing, moment forever happening and inspiration constantly passing you by.  From the innocent kiss before a couple departs on the train to the look in a child's eyes as the giants in the world surround them at a stop light.  The unique fashion in Soho.  What doesn't inspire me would probably be an easier question!
What kind of camera/equipment do you use?
Canon 5D Mark II with an array of lenses.
What genre does your work focus on?
I love fashion editorial.  I love telling a story with my images which is why personality is so important to me.  When people see my images, I want to convey the emotion and feeling that took place during the shoot.  I'm still working to achieve this seamlessly, but it's a wonderful challenge. 

Wardrobe Stylist of the Month:  Taylor Sheridan


Why wardrobe stylist?

As a kid I always wanted to enjoy dressing up my younger sisters, which led to me dressing my friends as a teenager and eventually opening my closet in the model apartments and dressing my friends for our castings.  It was pretty much an ah-ha moment when I realized that styling was an actual job and I could get paid for doing something I already loved and was so passionate about.
Who is your favorite wardrobe stylist of all time?
My favorite wardrobe stylist of all time would have to be Diane Aiello.  She has such impeccable taste, always maintains a graceful demeanor and really truly is an inspiration to work with.
What inspires you?
I am inspired daily.  The people around me inspire me, my boyfriend definitely inspires me, nature inspires me, music, movies and photos inspire me.  Old books, vintage clothes and even their labels are also inspiring.
What is your favorite store to shop in?
My favorite places to shop are the Pasadena Rose Bowl, the Melrose Trading Post, Zara, Opening Ceremony, Last Chance, Dolce Vita, my mother's closet. I could on and on...
Describe your personal style?
I would describe my personal style as boyish, but still feminine.  My favorite outfits are usually blacks, denims, whites and grays paired with a hat or a statement jewelry piece and boots.  My mother taught me "if you don't love it, then don't buy it," and I have always stuck with that motto when shopping for myself.  So I am happy to say that there isn't anything in my closet that I will put on that I don't love!

Makeup Artist of the Month:  Jacqueline Fancher


Why makeup artist?

It's always been fascinating to me - to transform a face, enhance features.  It's all very magical.  I've been memorized by it since I was a little girl. 
What inspires you?
Fashion.  The design of an outfit.  I play off the garment itself and the color or prints I see.  The feeling the piece gives me and of course the setting of which I'm shooting/filming in.
What do you look for when selecting a model to work with?
A unique face, exotic features.  I look for clean, clear skin and groomed eyebrows.  Amazing bone structure is always a plus.
What product can you not live without?
Highlight concealer (Radiant Touch by YSL).
What is your most embarrassing moment professionally?
I wish I could say I had a juicy story to tell you but I don't.  Maybe communicating via text with a client and SIRI on my iPhone added some expletives.  Thankfully my client got a good laugh about it and I was able to regain consciousness.  I was mortified.  I learned a valuable lesson - read what SIRI types before you hit send.

Hair Stylist of the Month:  MichaelCartier (Michael Onsouvanh)


 
Why hairstyling?
Hairstyling to me is so rewarding because I get to change the way people look and feel about themselves and it can be a life changing experience for them.
Who is your favorite hairstylist?
  Oribe.
What product can you not live without?
My L'oreal Infinium hairsprays.  You can do anything with it when you don't have anything else!
What genre does your work fall on?
Beauty and editorial.
What your favorite song of all time?
Unbreak my heart by Toni Braxton.  I don't know why, I just have an obsession with that song and her!

Comments
0 Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment