Thursday, December 1, 2011

Meet Our Featured Members for December 2011

This year has gone by so fast!  ModelWire Network would like to thank our very supportive members - especially those who are active on the site.  We can't stress enough how important it is to update your portfolio, collaborate with others and to go out there and go for your fashion goals!  If you checked out our homepage recently, you will see that we've updated it a bit - this time we are featuring people from our first MWN collaboration project.  Everyone involved are members from the site and we all came together for an amazing photo shoot!  We encourage all of you to reach out to other members and do the same - collaborate, work and most importantly, have fun!  In the meantime, check out our featured members for December.  As usual, if you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach us at support@modelwirenetwork.com.  Have a safe holiday season!

Model of the Month:  Jordan Kimberly Popovich


Why modeling?
I chose modeling because when i was younger, Hannah Montana was my idol.  Yes, Miley Cyrus too, but I really loved the role of Hannah on the Disney show!  I wanted to be like her of course and because I do not have a voice like her, I still wanted to break into the industry and modeling came very natural to me.  I stuck with it because I wanted to create a name for myself and then once my name is well known and respected, I can partake in what I believe in and help others with a solid, trustworthy voice that people will listen to!  I am trying to change the industry a little at a time!
What inspires you?
I am inspired by public figures, whether political or entertainment, that choose to use their power to change how the government is taking over our country.
What is your personal style?
My personal style is actually very tomboy meets hippie.  On the regular days I do not work, I don't even wear makeup!  I also don't do anything to my hair.  I just let it dry naturally so it's really healthy.  I love LuLu Lemon pants of any kind - I have a minor addiction!
What genre does your work focus on?
My work right now is focusing on my personal portfolio.  So if there is something I don't have, I'm working to set up shoots so I can get every angle of every genre so that in the future I can more traveling!
What is your most embarrassing moment professionally?
My most embarrassing moment as a professional working in this industry is when I was doing a shoot in crazy cigarette heels and doing a kick so we could see the bottom of the shoe in the face frame.  I completely flew into the air and fell back hard on concrete - I was laughing and crying at the same time and my elbow was almost immediately swollen.  The photographer had to photoshop it down in some of the pics!

Photographer of the Month:  Ted Emmons 


Why photography?
There is no limit to photography or any type of art.  I can express myself any way I please without having to follow rules.
Who is your favorite photographer of all time?
Michael Donovan
What inspires you?
The love of nature and the type of music I listen to can be seen in a lot of my work.
What is your favorite project you have worked on?
I would have to say all my projects have been my favorite so far since I work with a lot of friends in the industry.
What genre does your work focus on?
I want to focus on Editorials because I love to use images to tell a story.

Wardrobe Stylist of the Month:  John Galang 


Who is your favorite wardrobe stylist of all time?
Hands down, Patricia Fields.  Her mixing of textures, patterns, colors and fabrication creates the drama and excitement to her craft.  The talent she brought on the set of The Devil Wears Prada, Sex and the City, and Confessions of a Shopaholic are not only inspiring to the fashion business but also to the mass.
Why wardrobe stylist?
I eat fashion and I inhale fashion.  Yes, fashion is my drug.  It sounds cliche but every 5 minutes I think about fashion and it does not leave my system.  It gives me a way to express myself and be creative in my aesthetics.
What inspires you?
People, attitude, media, drama, culture and art inspire me the most.
What genre does your work focus on?
I love working on editorial shoots, coming up with an interesting concept and collaborating with a very strong team.  When I style, I tend to tell a story, study the demographic and ask myself questions.  Who is this person?  Where is this person going?  Why is this person in these clothes?
What is your personal style?
Easy, comfortable, attractive and with a punch of drama is my personal style.  I always ask myself "Do I want to blend in or stand out?".

Makeup Artist of the Month:  Heather Schnell


Who is your favorite makeup artist of all time? 
Kevyn Aucoin
What inspires you?
European fashion.
What do you look for when selecting a model to work with?
Beautiful skin and not too many pictures that are overly retouched.
What product can you not live without?
MAKE UP FOR EVER Flash Color Palette.
What genre does your work focus on?
Beauty for editorial and advertising. 

Hairstylist of the Month:  Khiem Hoang (Umbrella Salon) 


Why hairstyling?
It provides the opportunity to create beautiful looks and work with amazing people.
Who is your favorite hairstylist of all time?
Oribe Canales.
What inspires you?
Our clients and the talented professionals in the fashion and beauty industries.
What do you look for when selecting a model to work with?
It usually depends on the assignment and type of shoot.  Normally I look at the look of the model - hair color, texture, length, etc.  Models do not have to be gods or goddesses, but models with unique features or looks are always a plus!  On shoots and other assignments, we look forward to the collaborative effort of the entire team working with us, like the photographer, cinematographer, makeup artist, designer and art director.
What is your favorite band or song of all time?
New Order.

Comments
0 Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment