Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Ask a Supermodel: The Age Old Question

I am 41 and I never tell my real age, I have had Botox, and fillers. I also try to eat healthy and excercise. So, my question is, do you think I should even bother pursuing a serious modeling career at this stage of the game? I get contacted by  many of photographers on Model Mayhem. Thank you for answering 
hopefully ~ Olivia.



Hey Olivia, 
We all know age can be sensitive subjects. The only time people need to know how old you really are is never. Having said that, 41 is young. 
I checked out the link you sent to all your photos.You have an amazing body and look much younger than your 41 years. You could work if you choose to pursue it.  Ford Models has a Classic division that represents women.  It's a market that growing and there's a lot of potential to work in it.  
Now, as a fellow model I have to say, and I mean this in all due respect... Girl, put some clothes on!  All of your photos are shots of you half naked. We have got to get you classed up.  There's nothing wrong with nudity in fashion but these lingerie pics look more Playboy than Italian Vogue. 
I'd like to clean you up and throw you into an evening dress.  Also, think Eddie Bauer, look at the models they use and how they dress them.  Check out Chico's and other stores geared towards women in your age range and shoot some photos that mimic that vibe. Don't worry about looking your age. Save your money on botox and fillers.  Lines are considered beautiful in some parts of fashion. There's room for everyone!
I just wrote a blog post about age in the business.  Here's a link to the article I discussed.
xxEmily

Comments
0 Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment