Friday, September 9, 2011

Because of MWN David Now Has an Agent!



When did you start modeling/acting?
I started modeling a little over 2 years ago during a summer break from school at the University of California Santa Barbara, where I am now quickly approaching graduation with my degree in Sociology. An interest in acting followed a few months later as I realized the two fields were extremely connected to one another.
What made you want to become a model/actor?
I was asked to model for a catalogue by a friend who had started a new clothing line, with no experience and a day off work, I figured I would go and get a free t-shirt out of the deal. After seeing the pictures and hearing some gracious compliments, I decided to try it out and see where it could take me, maybe make a few extra dollars. Acting followed after doing a random day of extra work on a low budget film, where I met some very interesting people and fell in love with being on a set. I wanted to do more, and quickly got to work in acting classes and through an assortment of roles in student films.
How did you come across ModelWire Network?
I saw an ad for ModelWire Network on an acting website, and as I am always looking to expand my opportunities, I checked it out and made a profile after my initial research.

What was your experience like when Scout Model & Talent scouted you through our site? Were you surprised?
When Scout Model & Talent Agency scouted me I was initially thrilled at the interest yet surprised as to how quickly it happened after making my profile. Through email conversations with the agency I got to know how they work, and as I sent more pictures and interviewed over the phone everything worked out amazingly and am thrilled to be working with them.
Besides getting signed by an agency have you made any other connections on MWN?
I’m still very new to the site but am already meeting photographers who are interested in working together, and I try to stay up date with the Industry Wire to see what others within the community are up to.

What has been one of your favorite modeling memories?
I shot for a week straight with Harley Davidson Motorcycles in San Francisco earlier this year and was blown away by every second of the trip. From jumping on a brand new bike while decked out in beautiful leather gear and cruising around a scenic island at sunset, to shooting in the mountains, the city, and the beach under the Golden Gate Bridge, I’d say it was a pretty successful experience. Let’s just say I’ve had much worse day jobs.
What projects have you recently worked on?
As I mentioned before, I shot for the 2011 Fall Harley Davidson Apparel catalogue and website which was recently released. Right before that I shot for the cover of Moss Muscle’s custom car parts magazine which is sent out to their members nationwide every year. 
As for acting I have had a very exciting last year, co-starring along a team of amazing actors in my first feature film called Killer Holiday. Every part of the experience was amazing, and I am thankful to have met such an amazing team. The film is in post-production right now and I can’t wait to see where it goes from here. 
You can see more about the film and become a fan at: www.Killerholidaythemovie.com
Do you have any advice for our members?
Be proactive. 
You can’t be Brad Pitt, but if you sleep until noon and watch reruns of Jersey Shore all day, nobody will know or care who you are. Shoot every chance you get, whether you get paid or not. Wake up early. Workout. Eat healthy. Be happy. Take advantage of every opportunity you see and just go for it. We only get one chance at this life so we have no time to lose.

 Thank you so much for showing interest in my career and supporting what I am doing, I can’t wait to see what the future brings for us all, and can’t wait to share more stories as we experience them. Thanks again.
David Namminga
Twitter: @MrNamminga 

Comments
0 Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment